Monday, January 17, 2011

16 AND 17, all at once? It's because one thought is sustaining me.

I'm sorry, truly sorry for the lack of insightful, fantastic posting the last few days, but I figured I'd give you all some insight into my life.

Recently I was involved in a physical altercation with a coworker who managed to do some pretty decent damage to me. After a "lengthy" HR investigation lasting the entirety of one day, I was fired for starting a fight. Apparently getting the crap kicked out of you constitutes starting it, but whatever.

I am currently unemployed and a victim of the American economy, desperately struggling to find another job before I run out of resources. It sounds rough, sure, but that's not the point.

I wanted to talk to you today about perseverance. I could give up, yes. I could huddle up in a little ball, crawl to the government for assistance, pack up my stuff and go home. I could, in fact, do all of those things at once. But you know what? I'm not going to. I'm going to persevere. I'm going to go out there tomorrow just like I went out there yesterday, I'm going to get on the cold, cramped bus and look for work. Hopefully I find it, hopefully somebody can see that an eager person with faults is still someone worth spending time on.

If not, I'll just keep on keepin' on. That means I have to keep smiling, put my best foot forward, and get through my day the best I can. That's worth something.

-Eli

2 comments:

  1. "Keep on keepin' on." Your advice has helped me more often than you would ever dream...

    Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in our prayers, son.

    ReplyDelete