Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I smiled the 25th time because I feel for you.

I have a friend who really isn't particularly lucky. This isn't for lack of trying: she tries hard, lays it out on the line in everything she does, and sometimes, well...sometimes things just don't go your way. I think we can all feel for that. I can definitely feel for how emotional she gets, even if she goes a bit off the deep end sometimes. Honestly, I think that's why I care so much: I was, at one point in time, a very passionate person. She does a hell of a job of reminding me what that's like.

I feel like I let depression take so much from me, that by the time I faced myself in the mirror and told myself this was over, I'd lost a lot of passion for what I do. But when I hear extremely passionate people cry, or laugh just to laugh, or go off because their emotions are this sacred thing that deserves your attention...I remember how that feels, if only a little bit.

So in the end, thank you. I'm sorry things always seem to blow up in your face, I know how that feels. You are a wonderful, cheery if not somewhat neurotic addition to my day and I'm grinning because I feel for you.

Hell, because you (and people like you) help me feel anything. It's not much, but it's a start.

-Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment