Friday, January 21, 2011

19 and 20 smile combo: Just some random stuff

My 19th smile was simple: people who understand what I'm going through. Thank you all so much for the love and support. You're making my "keepin' on" go much easier.

My 20th smile, I have to admit, was even simpler. Have you ever marveled at what goes on after a snow storm? Do you ever stop to wonder why the sky is so abnormally bright, or why it's so quiet? I always find it so tranquil, I'll even sit outside in the cold just to experience it. Actually, I always think the calm after a storm is my favorite part. Nothing beats the smell after it rains, or the aforementioned tranquility of the aftermath of snow; or even the way the air feels after a thunderstorm, heavy, hot, but slowly cooling and inviting.

I kind of think people inherently take comfort in the calm after storms both literally and metaphorically. I'll smile today knowing that when all this is over, it'll be quiet.

Calm.

Tranquil.


-Eli

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the calm after the storm. I need to remember that more often...

    You will see tranquility again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i have a friend who is doing something similar to you for the new year, She is posting one happy status or one thing she is thankful for everyday on face book. Yesterday her's was about the calm after the snow

    ReplyDelete